Sunday, February 19, 2012

SNO + Rona Green 'Strokin'' at Australian Galleries

Last Thursday night I had the pleasure of attending the opening night of Strokin' by Rona Green and 'Alone Together' by Dean Brown at Australian Galleries in Glenmore Road Paddington Sydney. Both are highly distinctive shows (I have a sneaking feeling I saw Dean's graduate show on similar subject matter a few years back..) and I think definite must-sees if you are cruzing the Paddo area.
I asked Rona if any of the pictures were inspired by French Fashion designers... Apparently they were not though one of my favourits 'The Surgeon 2010' certainly reminded me of that English French Designer John Galliano who I am sure is a huge fan of Rainer Weiner Fassbinder's film 'Querelle' which the show reminded me of as well! I have posted a clip from Querelle way down below. Rona Green, http://ronagreenblog.com/.
Rona Green Artists Portrait at Australian Galleries Paddington SydneyGreasy Rhys, catalogue Cover, Rona Green at Australian Galleries Glenmore Road Paddington Damarques 2011 by Rona Green catalogue shot, Latti & Lady 2010 at Australian Galleries Glenmore Road Paddington

And by way of attempting just a little bit to make up for my lack of posting; I also attended the opening of SNO 78 in Marrickville recently. This show which ends on the 4th of next month is quite thought provoking in a completely different way and is also highly recommended.

Shannon Lyons & David Attwood Artists Portrait at SNO 78 Marrickville Sydney


Matt Henry Artist Portrait with 'from the series 16:9' SNO 78 Marrickville Sydney

And for those who are wondering about 
Querelle here is a taster; its Nautical but Nice & quite possibly NSFW...


More Street Fashion Sydney posts coming soon, and remember if you want to be an artist (as you can see above) or work for that famous mag Vogue; Black will always the New Black!

No comments: