Friday, November 2, 2012

Lennox St Studios Art Fair Newtown.. 2012

I used to live just around the corner from these artists studios housed in the 1920's Saint Josephs boys school building, and while I have been aware of the Annual art fair; well until last night I had never been in the building. There are Painters, Sculptors, Print Makers. Work and works in many styles and prices.. And while the opening last night was a highly enjoyable affair somewhat fueled by the rather tasty Fox Creek Wines, I favoured the Red Barron Shirazzzz!
Moving through the artists studios and seeing the different personal work spaces and the art and the materials used to make the art; it took me right back to my first 'studio show' just before I started at the QCA in Brisbane, we won't say when. I was also reminded of the highly tactile nature of making art - is completely hands on - and was reminded yet again, that this tactile nature of making your art is something that has been pretty much removed from the photographic process. It's not just a sentimental feeling, it's having a big impact on the way people/photographers make photos now, I'm not saying its good or bad but it is very different.

Enough with the reminiscing though; the show; the art fair continues all weekend at the Lennox St Studios, 111 Lennox St Newtown Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 November, 10am – 5pm.

See my artists portraits made over the weekend here.

Mens Style, Cap Jacket and Tie, Jeans and Western Boots, Rayban Wayfarer Sunglasses.


Stairs to the studios, 111 Lennox St Newtown


Artists Studio, stored art, canvas stretcher, Lennox Street Studios Exhibition


Artists Studio, Landscape Paintings, Lennox Street Studios Art Fair 2012


http://www.lennoxstreetstudios.com.au/news.html

Photographed with the Fujifilm X-Pro1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Lennox exhibition...particularly the very cool works in Sergio Plata,s studio.
The wax chairs were incredible and all the colours in the paintings also!