Thursday, April 3, 2014

Art & Men's Style at Memetico by Sam Rey.

As I keep saying Street Fashion Sydney is not an art review site blah blah blah but I do love art and so I do get to see quite a bit of it! Of it! And on reading the room notes to Sam's exhibition I discover that he had his own fashion label in Italy and had a "brief stint at The Factory with Andy Warhol" all of which sounds pretty exciting to me and a sure sign that there would be style a-foot at the opening which of course there was, I know this already because I was there and I photographed it, it all, well some of it all starting out with an artist at his opening portrait of Sam Rey himself.

Artist portrait, Sam at Memetico by Sam Rey, Gallery Mercure Sydney. Photography by Kent Johnson.
Artist Sam Rey at his 'Memetico' exhibition.
Sam and guests Memetico by Sam Rey, Gallery Mercure Sydney. Photography by Kent Johnson.

I also reconnected with Robert pictured below whom I have not seen for years! We won't say how many, however Robert purchased the first art work I ever sold and also commissioned me to make a number of mirrors for his Hair Salons back-in-the-day. He told me he had made that lovely bright digital print shirt himself from fabric he had to dig out from the bottom of a pile at Spotlight! What a great shirt, well worth the digging and great to see you again.
Robert in digital print shirt at Memetico by Sam Rey, Gallery Mercure Sydney. Photography by Kent Johnson.

Monica and Vivienne at Memetico by Sam Rey, Gallery Mercure Sydney. Photography by Kent Johnson.
Monica and Vivienne on the terrace, Mercure Potts Point.
Sam and Robina at Memetico by Sam Rey, Gallery Mercure Sydney. Photography by Kent Johnson.
Sam and Robina with the art work Robina has just purchased.
Ben, handmade leather boots with Cuban heels, at Memetico by Sam Rey, Gallery Mercure Sydney. Photography by Kent Johnson.

And I love these tan, hand made Chilean boots with Cuban heels worn by Ben, superb!

Memetico by Sam Rey - Gallery Mercure, Level 2 Mercure Sydney 226 Potts Point. On now!


Street Fashion Sydney - shot with the Fujifilm X-Pro1 

No comments: