Wednesday, May 19, 2010

As Winter falls it's time to visit The Doc+ors...

As a younger man growing up in Brisbane winter was my favourite time of year. In the Sub Tropics it's the only time of year you get to layer up with jackets, coats, shirts and neckties. I loved it then & I still do. And of course no one can break a heart quite like a Brisbane girl... And so perhaps it was in some way appropriate having recently had my heart broken by a beautiful and stylish Brisbane-girl-in-Sydney that I should set off to the Doc+ors to mix and mend my broken winter’s heart.

It was nice to see so many splashes of colour mixed in with winter coats and jackets. Even I made a special effort last night donning a vintage 80s leather Blouson, the full New Romantic catastrophe over a bright yellow checked shirt with vintage cotton knit necktie. The splashes of colour, Reds, Blues, Greens, reminded me that Rhiannon was quite right, winter doesn't need to be dark at all but can instead be about 'All The Colours Of The Rainbow' as styled in our editorial shoot for Le Magazine.

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Street Fashion Sydney, the Doc+ors

Of course another reason for the colour splashes may have been that we were at the opening of 'Evolve Already' with Antochrist – the “Madonna of the art world”...

Evolve Already
6pm May 19
"The Doctors"
102 Burton Street
East Sydney

And a little plug for me; SNAP my solo Artist Portrait show is on until the the 30th of this month.

No comments: