Friday, March 11, 2011

Ruby Rose (fashion designer) we Love You!

Honestly I have said it before and I will say it again. If you want to see a fashion show; well for goodness sake, watch and maybe take notes because if you try taking pictures you will see nothing at all!

This was proven to me yet again after the Ruby Rose 'Alley-Way' show when speaking to one of the lovely ppl from Milk & Honey I commented on the absence of the Flannel Shirt on the runway. What is it that Hommer Simpson does after coming out with a clanger; Doh! Of course everything Ruby (who by the way is really nice and really lovely) was wearing is from her range; and, there it was when I was going through the pictures... Flannel shirt under denim jacket with black slashed jeans. Hot or what!

I think instead of taking a friend with me as my +1, in future I will take a photographer trained in the dark arts of blurry runway shots as-only-Street-Fashion-Sydney can do them. That way I can enjoy the parade more and get a better idea of just whats going on.

Ruby Rose portrait of the fashion designer, Milk and Honey range launch party.

Grey Knit Stripes, Milk and Honey designed by Ruby Rose

Black Knit, Milk and Honey designed by Ruby Rose

Flanny & Denim, Milk and Honey designed by Ruby Rose

Brown Jacket, Milk and Honey designed by Ruby Rose


Young and Free Tee, Milk and Honey designed by Ruby Rose


Red Stripes, Milk and Honey designed by Ruby Rose

Models, Milk and Honey designed by Ruby Rose

This was an incredibly laid back event, we had four alleys at Strike Bowling Bar Moore Park. Three for doing all manner of ball tossing (the models were particularly good at it post parade) and one for the runway show, possibly a first?

Ruby's range Sexy and Edgy, clearly has all the Classics and Basics covered for a night out on the town and if you are naughty, a not too out-of-place trip home next morning in the same gear... I love it, well its a wild world out there people!

Thanks to Ruby Rose, Milk & Honey & the equally lovely people from Saunders & Co PR.

No comments: